Monday, April 5, 2010

Inner Peace

I've been thinking lately about how to make my work into a conscious practice of presence, using it as a way to not simply make art but to become a better person. Being able to shut off the mind, letting go of the baggage of past and present, is easy when I'm sitting in yoga class. When I'm painting, however, all of my worries rise to the surface in a stream of internal dialogue. Perhaps I will try tuning it out from now on. Sometimes it's not so hard to do...

Inner Peace.
(When all you are left with is pieces of yourself, there's no better time to look for the glue that holds us all together).
Acrylic and graphite on Arches paper. 10"x8". 2010.

The other night I had a really productive painting session and finished this little piece. It was definitely one of those lovely evenings when I was feeling inspired and in the mood to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment