Thursday, April 1, 2010

With Hope

I'm a sucker for romance and unrequited love so this is meant to embody the feeling of optimistic loneliness when you feel like you are just a second away from meeting "the one" but each second feels like an eternity.

With Hope. Acrylic and graphite on wood. 4'x6'. Sold.

(detail shot).

This was a commissioned painting. I was astounded to find out that they had never actually seen my work in person, only online, and trusted me enough to paint them a giant piece! I'm very lucky and appreciative!

I was really happy with how this one turned out. It's always a worry that a client won't like what I've created for them but I was confident that they would like this one. My technique is getting much more refined these days and I'm excited to get back into the oils with what I've learned. I wasn't able to get a perfect photo, you can see a shadow being cast on the left-hand corner of the painting and I had to crop out part of the hand at the bottom, but the details are clear.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work. Can't wait for the next installment in this fine blog of yours! :)

    Congrats on your gallery show!

    ReplyDelete