Thursday, April 1, 2010

Animalopolis

I'm scheduled to show in Ayden Gallery's June show with Kristian Adam called 'Animalopolis'. Kristian hinted that it would be cool if I had animals in my paintings. Serendipitously, I'd already begun including animals again in my work!

The challenge here will be that I am not used to painting animals, only drawing them. What I will have to do is find a way to paint them well, not necessarily realistically, but in a way that suits my style. I think this will be a matter of doing a high-finish drawing and only painting enough to make it pop without ruining the transparency. My intention is to work on raw wood so as to utilize the grain, which means that I can't re-work areas too much or the grain will get covered.

Anyways, today I begin my search for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment