Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chloe

Chloe. 11" x 8 1/4". Acrylic on Arches paper. 2010.

Here's another small piece. I really enjoy doing them because they also allow me to be very playful and experiment with my colors. They're size makes them intimate and lovely, in my opinion.

I've also been working on an old graphite drawing. It's amazing what more hours will bring to a piece. All great art takes time, rushing or taking short-cuts simply will not produce the same results. Anytime that I am awed by a work of art and wonder at how it was done, more often than not it has everything to do with the sheer number of hours that were spent on it. This is especially the case with graphite. Pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. hi mandy, a friend of mine just introduced me to your amazing work. i'm so happy she did! i can't wait to see more. xo, carla

    (www.carlasdeleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick-ass, girl. Truly amazing, isn't it, how we can be so caught-up in the passing pleasures of our Finite Existence we MissRepresent our eternity? I don't wanna see you anywhere but where I am in the Great Beyond. See my unlimited blog: wacky, tacky, backed by God - not to mention a lil' efficacious avant-garde'ness thrown in. You'd love it if you're as nuts as I am about Heaven. So, why don’tcha meet me Upstairs where we can play ThumbWars while we wait for our beer??? God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete